100 Things for Teens to Do This Summer
100 Things for Teens to Do This Summer
Summer has arrived, school is out, and the sun's hot and shining. You're a teenager and you've got tons of spare time, but you just don't know what to do with it. Summer can be a fun time, but it get boring when you run out of ideas. Here are 100 things for teens to do over summer break. These ideas are fun, mostly cheap, and will help you get the most out of summer.
These ideas are in no particular order and include a variety of activities whatever the weather. They're not just for teens either. Parents, younger children, and the anyone young-at-heart who is looking for some summer fun can enjoy this list. Have fun and stay safe!
- Stargaze from a trampoline/roof/mattress.
- Swim at your local pool.
- Apply for a summer job.
- Read a book in the sun.
- Grab a map and go for a long walk to a place that you've never been.
- Take some interesting photographs of your neighbourhood.
- Bake a cake or some cookies.
- Make your own lollies.
- Give your pet a bath.
- Start a blog (Tumblr, Blogger, Wordpress etc.).
- Make a vlog on YouTube.
- Camp in the garden.
- Make a collage of your favourite pictures, quotes, and cuttings. Be creative!
- Make playdough.
- Go on a really long bike ride with a friend in the sun.
- Visit the tourist attractions in your own city.
- Tie-Dye a T-shirt.
- Get arty! Sketch a portrait, make a sculpture, or paint a landscape.
- Buy a load of old magazines from a bookstore or charity shop and read them in the sun.
- Hold a mini Olympics with your friends.
- Go bowling!
- Watch a movie you've always wanted to see.
- Learn a few words or phrases in a foreign language.
- Cook a three-course meal for your family
25. Try out a new sport.
26. Buy some exotic fruit from the store and make a fruit salad.
27. Make a Coke float.
28. Make non-alcoholic cocktails!
29. Buy several flavours of ice-cream and have an ice-cream feast!
30. Fly a kite.
31. Play crazy golf.
32. Learn to do a handstand.
33. Gather with some friends and watch the sunset.
34. Get up early and watch the sunrise.
35. Buy some cheap clothes and have a fashion show.
36. Listen to some new music.
37. Have a water fight.
38. Relax in a hammock.
39. Start a scrapbook or journal.
40. Plant some vegetable seeds.
41. Go to a local museum.
42. Learn a new instrument.
43. Write a song.
44. Dance in the rain.
45. Jump in the pool with your clothes on.
46. Play a prank on your friends.
47. Decorate a pinboard with postcards, pictures, and notes and hang it in your room.
48. Tidy your room.
49. Have a yard sale and sell your junk.
5. Try out a new sport
Turkey With Cheese and Bacon?
50. Invent a new type of sandwich.
51. Create an online article!
52. Go roller-blading.
53. Have a picnic in the park.
54. Cook a homemade pizza.
55. Climb a tree.
56. Make a fortress out of cardboard boxes (you're never too old!).
57. Go fishing.
58. Write a short story.
59. Write and produce a film or play with your friends.
60. Make a plastic slip-n-slide.
61. Buy an old, cheap film camera and have a go at analogue photography.
62. Play rounders with your family or friends at the local park or sports-field.
63. Go on a scavenger hunt.
64. Go to the library and take out some books you wouldn't usually read.
65. Swim at midnight.
66. Construct a tire swing.
67. Research your family tree.
68. Have a big game of capture the flag.
69. Have a day at the beach (build sandcastles, paddle, beachcomb etc.).
70. Paint a T-shirt with acrylic paints.
71. Make a piñata.
72. Move furniture around in your room to give it a fresh, new look.
73. Create a three-tier cake
74. Run through sprinklers!
Make a Summer Music Mix!
75. Mix a CD of your favourite summer tunes!
76. Make some handmade soap.
77. Make your own candy (marshmallows, toffees, chocolates, etc.)
78. E-mail or phone a friend you haven't spoken to in a while.
79. Make a smoothie or milkshake with your favourite fruits.
80. Make a dance routine to your favourite song.
81. Have a BBQ.
82. Hangout at the playpark!
83. Go to the cinema with a group of friends.
84. Have a scream-o-thon (have a sleepover with friends and watch scary movies!).
85. Play a complete game of Monopoly.
86. Create some melted-crayon art!
87. Buy a summer CD and spend a day relaxing in the garden.
88. Prank call a friend.
89. Bury a time capsule to dig up in five years.
90. Organise a tug-of-war.
91. Carve a watermelon.
92. Learn a magic trick and perform it for your friends.
93. Sunbathe! But remember to use sunblock!
94. Roast marshmallows on a bonfire, or make s'mores.
95. Make an obstacle course.
96. Buy some posters and put them up in your room.
97. Spend a day without watching T.V or going on the computer.
98. Have a garden party. Ask friends to bring different foods!
99. Bake some home-made bread.
100. Make a keep sake box of memories from this summer, fill it with photos, messages, postcards from places you've been, and wrap it in pretty paper. Keep it for years to come to remind you of your awesome summer!
That's it, my list of 100 things to do this summer. Now you'll never be able to say, "I'm bored!"